2020 Petit LeMans

Travis Rhoads

I was once again out at Petit LeMans this year purely as a spectator. We logged many miles in the golf cart running around. It was a lot of fun as usual.
#1: I have spent a lot of time working on my shooting through stuff skills...this one is at 1/10 to really blur all the stuff.
PetitLemans2020-6328.jpg

#2: Early morning light.
Petit-LeMans2020-103.jpg

#3: Late afternoon light...
Petit-LeMans2020-103-HypirDrive.jpg

#4: Blue Hour light...
PetitLemans2020-6448-NeverGiveUP.jpg

#5 A really tough angle, from a steep hill with very little target acquisition time.
PetitLemans2020-4422-911Turn12.jpg

#6: From a lower than the car viewpoint, from the knees.
PetitLemans2020-3603.jpg

sweetgrass

Really cool set, and great job on the panning and the slow speed. These really have the motion effect, I think #5 is one of my favorites.

JimFox

Staff member
What a great series of photos Travis! That's great that you got to capture them again this year.

#3 might be my favorite. It's cool that you can use and work lens flares on these types of shots and they help to tell a story in them.

#2 and 6 are my other favorites, though they are all fun. I am sure this is a blast, I know I would totally enjoy an experience like this. I like playinig around with slower shutter speeds anyway, so to be able to play around with the movement of the cars would be such fun.

Amy Earl

These are really great. I like the ones where the background is blurred the most. It helps isolate the subject and the smoothness of the blurred colors and lines is appealing. I guess that's why if I had to pick my favorites they would be 1, 3, and 6. Love how you shot into the sun on #3. The off-center framing on all these makes them artistic while communicating a sense of motion.

Top Bottom