A rare view

dan swiger

This scene with both Yosemite Falls & Half Dome is only found in two places & one of them requires a pano shot o_O
Took this on the Upper Yosemite Falls trail in June. I've shot this before but at lower water flows.
M7_190623_004_f1w.jpg

This one was tough to not get flare on with a wide angle. Tried a lens hood & my hat.
Still had to work on it in P/S. Not satisfied.
Taken with Mamiya 7, 50mm, on Ektar

AlanLichty

Nice scene. Definitely a lot of water coming over the cliff.

You could carry a small umbrella for the sun maybe. I did for a long time and of course never used it or needed it until after I stopped carrying it.

JimFox

Staff member
Pretty cool work Dan! That’s a really cool area to get this combination. I was there last year with Kyle and Alejandro and we shot this basic view but with the Milky Way. We didn’t have to deal with the sun though like you did... :)

dan swiger

Pretty cool work Dan! That’s a really cool area to get this combination. I was there last year with Kyle and Alejandro and we shot this basic view but with the Milky Way. We didn’t have to deal with the sun though like you did... :)
Jim, I've thought about doing the night time trek. Was it "easier" going after dark? I assume you had head lamps

dan swiger

Nice scene. Definitely a lot of water coming over the cliff.

You could carry a small umbrella for the sun maybe. I did for a long time and of course never used it or needed it until after I stopped carrying it.
Alan, that's a good suggestion. I've made a "sun shade" panel, that articulates off of the hot shoe. I keep forgetting to bring it!

Top Bottom