A Scene from the Fair (+2)

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Alan, that is quite the different street!

I have heard of that fair, though it seems like the photos I had seen of it was with people all dressed up in Steam Punk? Or Medieval? These all look normally dressed except for the guy on stilts.

AlanLichty

Good street photo.
Thanks Ben

Hey Alan, that is quite the different street!

I have heard of that fair, though it seems like the photos I had seen of it was with people all dressed up in Steam Punk? Or Medieval? These all look normally dressed except for the guy on stilts.
The best overall vibe description for the Country Fair is aging leftover hippies. The scene above is as close as you will get to "normal" and deviations from the direction I was facing when I took this shot will result in NSFW inclusions. The guy with the stilts was my primary target with this capture.

A couple more to fill in the mood of the fair:

A Holly Near concert which was directly behind me from the shot above:

OCF-HollyNear.jpg

An impromptu parade with some colorful attendees:

OCF-ParadeDude.jpg

AlanLichty

Cool shot, lots going on in this one.
very different from our overly commercialized fairs on the east coast. cool scenes.
Interesting, especially the last one , very colorful
Some very strange characters there. All from Oregon I presume.... :)
Thanks for the comments - the Country Fair is for the most part leftovers from the psychedelic era when Ken Kesey was still around and living in Eugene. It has taken on some of the newer fads through the years but still has its roots in late 60's San Francisco. I will confess that I never asked where the attendees were from and just kept shooting whatever caught my attention. Some people go to some elaborate lengths to dress up for the event although the majority do not. I recall that my wife and I found some old tie-dye t-shirts the last time we went down there.

The Fair has not been held for the past two summers because of Covid-19.

Top Bottom