A Smoky Moon Rise

AlanLichty

Definitely a great example of making lemonade out of nasty lemons. Very minimalistic but highly effective composition. Well seen.

JimFox

Staff member
Very cool Brian! Love that tree and then some stars too? This is a real winner. I don't think I would change it one bit. I like how there is a natural vignetting in this that seems to radiate out from the tree and it's orange glow.

Brian

Very cool Brian! Love that tree and then some stars too? This is a real winner. I don't think I would change it one bit. I like how there is a natural vignetting in this that seems to radiate out from the tree and it's orange glow.
Thanks Jim. I've never actually printed out a photo of mine. I was thinking this might be kinda neat to try.

Yervant

I really like this photo. I think the rule of thirds would have played incredibly well for this image. Offsetting the tree to the left with the natural landscape sloping down to the right. A slight kick back on the bright orange. I also think the sky darkness is perfect as is. Any darker and you will lose some of the wispy clouds, sky glow and the stars. I probably would have used lens compression to make the tree larger seeing it's your focal point of the image. We would lose some of the sky, but you have enough of the sky to work with. Well thought out capture.

Top Bottom