Anacapa Island Lighthouse

Ryan10

Founding Member
hmmm...I feel that the image is composed well. There is a nice contrast of colors in the foreground with the red, blacks, and greens. Shooting in the mid day Sun is tough sometimes.

My one improvement suggestion per post.
---------------------------------------------------
I feel like the image needs some post processing work. Perhaps a B&W conversion with some sharpening.

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Pete,

That's a cool lighthouse and I like the color of the vegetation.

Shooting midday is rarely our friend, this would have looked nicer in softer light. One thing to watch for is the horizon. You can also see by the lighthouse that the image is not level, but looking at the horizon of the water on the right side it's pretty clear it's crooked.

Jim

Pete Van Hamersveld

Hey Pete,

That's a cool lighthouse and I like the color of the vegetation.

Shooting midday is rarely our friend, this would have looked nicer in softer light. One thing to watch for is the horizon. You can also see by the lighthouse that the image is not level, but looking at the horizon of the water on the right side it's pretty clear it's crooked.

Jim
Yes. I see its not level. Didn't notice that. I''ll have to fix and repost.

Pete Van Hamersveld

hmmm...I feel that the image is composed well. There is a nice contrast of colors in the foreground with the red, blacks, and greens. Shooting in the mid day Sun is tough sometimes.

My one improvement suggestion per post.
---------------------------------------------------
I feel like the image needs some post processing work. Perhaps a B&W conversion with some sharpening.
I'll try doing it in B&W and also posting it. I'll also straighten it up as per Jim Fox's observation.

Top Bottom