Autel gives DJI some Competition

mason leah

Hello

I want to just talk about just two little issues below. The first thing is The Evo 2 Pro claims to be able to shoot 6K video and the Air 2s claims 5.4K video resolution. The reality is they are almost the same. The Evo 2 has 5472 x 3076 resolution and the Air 2S is 5472 x 3078. These are virtually identical. I love shooting in 6K/5.4K because after completing I can zoom in later, produce in 4K, and not lose resolution. Being able to edit in 6K or even 4K can be a challenge on your computer. The second thing is the Evo 2 has only 9000 meters range, on the other hand, the Air 2s has 12000-meter range. In the price, they have much different. In my opinion, the low-cost Air 2s is better.

Last edited:

JimFox

Staff member
Hello

I want to just talk about just two little issues below. The first thing is The Evo 2 Pro claims to be able to shoot 6K video and the Air 2s claims 5.4K video resolution. The reality is they are almost the same. The Evo 2 has 5472 x 3076 resolution and the Air 2S is 5472 x 3078. These are virtually identical. I love shooting in 6K/5.4K because after completing I can zoom in later, produce in 4K, and not lose resolution. Being able to edit in 6K or even 4K can be a challenge on your computer. The second thing is the Evo 2 has only 9000 meters range, on the other hand, the Air 2s has 12000-meter range. In the price, they have much different. In my opinion, the low-cost Air 2s is better.
Thanks for those thoughts on this. I have heard of others like you who do like to shoot in 6k because it allows them better options for zooming in later with the video. For me, editing 4k can just be a pain. I have only recently been doing video in addition to my photography, maybe the last 2 years. So I am still in the stage where I want ease of use as I edit, so I have actually been doing most of my editing in 1080p. I know.... don't faint.... :) I am at the point where some of the programs I use have been updated, so maybe I can toy with going back to 4k video.

As for the article, you bring up really valid points. My main thought is that I do hope Autel can be competitive, because competition is always good for business. Both in driving companies to deliver better products, but also usually helps to keep prices down. So I hope that happens here.

TimMc

Supporting Member
I compared the specs and prices of the Autel Nano + and the DJI mini 3 pro and they seem identical or nearly. But the orange color of the Nano is great😳

pepper

autel makes a great drone on paper. but it's a little less refined in the real world. the controller is pretty bad, i hope they updated it with their latest generation. it works, but the ergonomics suck and it just feels cheap. you get into a clencher of a situation and it feels like you just might be able to crush the controller in your hands. the autel drones autocorrect themselves a little too much, so you're hovering and the drone is moving in response to a wind that isn't there. or it randomly turns. no geofencing is nice, so you can take off from anywhere without the typical dji hassle of getting them to unlock an area.

Top Bottom