Brief Fire in the Sky

Bob Israel

On my way home from an errand and I see the clouds breaking on the horizon. I start thinking that the timing might be right for the cloud deck to light up just after sunset. As I get closer to home, I can see the color start to develop in the sky. I know I won't make it home in time so I pull into an area close to home on a different part of the lake. I snapped about a half dozen shots after which the light show was already fading. This was the best of the shots. No time to find a foreground element, no time to better balance ISO with shutter speed but it all worked out.

Lake Minnetonka, MN
Lake Minnetonka 112221-12-Edit-Edit.jpg

JimFox

Staff member
Wow Bob! Sometimes instinct is the best camera setting there is. I think a foreground might actually take away from this. Just the reflection is perfect.

AlanLichty

Stunning colors - as has already been mentioned good you had a camera along. With the colors, the reflections, and the sky this strong I am not sure I would notice a fancy foreground anyway.

BlackRockArt

On my way home from an errand and I see the clouds breaking on the horizon. I start thinking that the timing might be right for the cloud deck to light up just after sunset. As I get closer to home, I can see the color start to develop in the sky. I know I won't make it home in time so I pull into an area close to home on a different part of the lake. I snapped about a half dozen shots after which the light show was already fading. This was the best of the shots. No time to find a foreground element, no time to better balance ISO with shutter speed but it all worked out.

Lake Minnetonka, MNView attachment 44518
Bob, what a gorgeous sunset, love it.

Oliver

Top Bottom