Brittany's Lighthouses

Vieri

Brittany's coasts are an amazing mix of natural beauty and man-made intervention, famously in the shape of lighthouses. I selected here three of them for you:

Phare du Petit Minou at sunrise, 1 second exposure with Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm & Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Phare de Men Ruz at sunrise, 181 seconds exposure with Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 45mm & Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Sunset storm at Phare de Pontusval, 6.3 second exposure with Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm & Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Three beautiful images. Like the lead in with the path to the lighthouse in the first one. The light and the long exposure in the second is gorgeous and the receding water line in the third draws one into the image.

Vieri

Vieri, these are all gorgeous images, but that second one is a home run.
Thank you very much Ben, glad you enjoyed them! :) Yes, it was a spectacular morning on nr. 2 - incredible light, and it lasted quite a bit too!

Three beautiful images. Like the lead in with the path to the lighthouse in the first one. The light and the long exposure in the second is gorgeous and the receding water line in the third draws one into the image.
Thank you very much for your comment Jameel, glad you enjoyed them! :)

Wow - all three are beautiful but the second with the swirling cloud over the lighthouse is fantastic.
Thank you very much Alan, glad you enjoyed nr. 2 in particular - a truly unforgettable morning! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Ken Rennie

Beautiful images Vieri. I have many images of the Phare de Men Ruz but this is much better than my mostly sunset images. Ken

Vieri

Beautiful images Vieri. I have many images of the Phare de Men Ruz but this is much better than my mostly sunset images. Ken
Thank you very much indeed Ken, I am glad you enjoyed the series :) I went many times at Men Ruz, both at sunset & sunrise, and love the location under any light - for some reason, though, I seem to always have had better luck at sunrise...

Best regards,

Vieri

JimFox

Staff member
What an amazing coastline to have lighthouses. So dramatic, no wonder you have gone to those places for so many years. Really hard to pick favorites as each one is a winner and they are compelling me to make a long trip back over there.

Vieri

What an amazing coastline to have lighthouses. So dramatic, no wonder you have gone to those places for so many years. Really hard to pick favorites as each one is a winner and they are compelling me to make a long trip back over there.
Hey Jim,

I completely agree with you, that is a truly spectacular coast :) it would be spectacular enough for me to keep going back even without the lighthouses, but these truly add something magical for me! Best regards,

Vieri

Top Bottom