Browser alternative to Google

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
I am tired of the PUPs I get with Google. I can go into incognito and eliminate them but thats really a hassle to use.

I looked into Safari, but learn that Apple is not longer supporting new releases on Win 10. That leaves Firefox or Edge. What do you use?

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Got it up and running, pretty seamless changeover, just had to re log in a couple places. So far no pups. I guess they can get into any browser. I had completely uninstalled Chrome and reloaded it and they were still there.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Hope you are right Jim.

What I am seeing is called "PUP" by Malware Bytes when they block them. I was getting dozens per day. Malware would quarantine them, so I did not know exactly what they were other than Potentially Unwanted Programs. When I Googled them it said any browser could get them, but that using incognito would prevent them. But I did not like incognito either.

pepper

i don't see any pups with chrome and i use malware bytes too. but i also have a lot of my chrome settings locked down so not much runs without my say so. i use an ad blocker extension (abp ad blocker pro) that blocks a lot of extra crap besides just ads. and my proxy (windscribe) also has a chrome extension which blocks a lot.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
I had an idea this could be blocked, but I never figured it out. I am pretty happy with the way Edge works.

Top Bottom