Butterfly Pavillion

JimFox

Staff member
This is from a visit there in March with 6 of the grandkids. I wasn't totally happy with the video and wasn't going to process it, but looking back at it I am a bit happier with it so I decided to process it.

The Butterfly Pavlillion is a really cool place with hundreds of butterflies in a jungle like environment. While there are a lot flying around, when they are in flight there is no way to keep up with them without making myself and the viewer dizzy. :) I was hoping for more fly by butterflies, I got a few, but the butterflies who are staying still long enough to capture, also stay too long generally in one spot as they practice their ability to become statues..... :)

All comments are welcome,

Jim

PS. Please Subscribe to the Channel and Help it grow, and also Please Watch the Video On YouTube too. :)

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
I think this came out rather nice Jim. Good smooth pans and zooms, something I can't do very well. Now you need to put caption in with the id of each butterfly;)

Joe Colozzo

Great job Jim! So many beautiful Butterfflies there, did you shoot any stills? I would love to shoot that Blue one:eek:!!!

AlanLichty

I noticed that some of the butterflies had tags on their wings - is there some kind of guide book that tells you what species the tagged ones are or were the tags for some other purpose?

JimFox

Staff member
I noticed that some of the butterflies had tags on their wings - is there some kind of guide book that tells you what species the tagged ones are or were the tags for some other purpose?
I don’t know, I was guessing they were just ID tags used to track their health? I would guess they know the ID of them by sight.

Eric Gofreed

The purpose of the tags is to track their location from the original capture location

Last edited:
Top Bottom