Calling Me Home

JimFox

Staff member
This is from Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada. As you enter the park, you are greeted with this grand road image. I love the way the road gently curves through the scene, pulling the eye in. I captured this in December on my way back to California. I knew I could make the Fire Wave by sunset, though little stops like this made it to where I lost enough time that I had to run the mile to get to the Fire Wave before the sunset.

I have gotten so far behind on my processing. If you know me, I often travel to more places and take more photos then I can possibly process. If you have heard of Ghost Writers, I have found a Ghost Processor! :) Ben is helping me out by digging into my backlog a bit. Ben and I share a very similar taste in both composition and processing, so I couldn't think of anyone here (no offense to everyone else) who I know I could trust to process images to how I would process them.

And in this case, I think the processing by Ben is perfect. I appreciate his helping me out from time to time.

Jim

_D819966.jpg

AlanLichty

Very nice result - I know that scene well on the road in from the freeway. I like the clouds you had that day with the afternoon light.

JimFox

Staff member
Very nice result - I know that scene well on the road in from the freeway. I like the clouds you had that day with the afternoon light.
Thanks Alan, you know I love road shots and this is one of the best roads in the world. A Top 10 Road.

This is from Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada. As you enter the park, you are greeted with this grand road image. I love the way the road gently curves through the scene, pulling the eye in. I captured this in December on my way back to California. I knew I could make the Fire Wave by sunset, though little stops like this made it to where I lost enough time that I had to run the mile to get to the Fire Wave before the sunset.

I have gotten so far behind on my processing. If you know me, I often travel to more places and take more photos then I can possibly process. If you have heard of Ghost Writers, I have found a Ghost Processor! :) Ben is helping me out by digging into my backlog a bit. Ben and I share a very similar taste in both composition and processing, so I couldn't think of anyone here (no offense to everyone else) who I know I could trust to process images to how I would process them.

And in this case, I think the processing by Ben is perfect. I appreciate his helping me out from time to time.

Jim

View attachment 56252
Jim, this is a great composition, the clouds line up with the curve of the road nicely.

Now going off on a tangent, the modern day Instagram influencers would stand in the middle of the road, pull of a sexy yoga pose.

Oliver

JimFox

Staff member
Jim, this is a great composition, the clouds line up with the curve of the road nicely.

Now going off on a tangent, the modern day Instagram influencers would stand in the middle of the road, pull of a sexy yoga pose.

Oliver
Ha ha, so true!

Thanks!

Top Bottom