Colorado Fall Color 2018 Meetup - With Photos

JimFox

Staff member
As FocalWorld continued to have group meet ups this fall, starting with the Tetons we then had a group meet up in the San Juan mountains of Colorado centered in Ridgway.

The fall colors were a bit odd in Colorado this year due to the drought, but I think everyone still came away with some great shots!

We met up at the Oriental Express Chinese food, my favorite Chinese restaurant in Colorado.

From L to R: Amy, Shibu, Bart, Dean and me. Missing is Alisa who was only there on Saturday and Larry who had to fly out on Sunday.
21AB6918-0351-4009-B2ED-4BF7E1994703.jpeg

Stopping for a minute at Chimney Rock for a quick photo. L to R - Bart, Dean and me.
9F31FAC8-9D21-4E93-9F78-D57568B67372.jpeg

Having some Pizza after a successful sunset. From L to R: Dean, Bart, Josh Snow and me.
ECB8271A-6F67-4748-B3BE-8242C30B9096.jpeg

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Our meet up in the Tetons was great Jim and it's so good that you are connecting with so many FW folks. This looks like it was also a great time. Maybe I can get to either Colorado or Bishop next year.

Dean

Adding a pic of Bart and Larry trying to get a better angle on the FG at the pond on 7
2849A6FC-7EC6-4234-9EAF-6556F6EE3E12.jpeg

JimFox

Staff member
Our meet up in the Tetons was great Jim and it's so good that you are connecting with so many FW folks. This looks like it was also a great time. Maybe I can get to either Colorado or Bishop next year.
Thanks Ben! As you know, personally connecting with everyone in our community here is very important to me.

I would suggest Colorado for you Ben. While I love the Eastern Sierra and spend lots of time there, when it comes to fall colors, it’s not close to the amount and variety of fall colors that Colorado has.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Thanks Ben! As you know, personally connecting with everyone in our community here is very important to me.

I would suggest Colorado for you Ben. While I love the Eastern Sierra and spend lots of time there, when it comes to fall colors, it’s not close to the amount and variety of fall colors that Colorado has.
Gotcha, I have done Ridgeway once, and the eastern sierras 1000 times. But only once with a camera

Top Bottom