Crystal Lake, Ouray

Dean

Well soon the fall will be here..
This was shot a few years ago at Crystal lake south of Ouray. It was a beautiful fall morning and we had it all for this one, peak fall color,clouds and a nice still lake.
Heading back in a few weeks and I’m sure Ill run into a few of you.
All comments welcome and thanks for viewing regards Dean
A4779377-AACE-499D-A204-5B6F4308198F.jpeg

AlanLichty

Sweet - you weren't kidding about a scene that had it all. This is like the holy grail for morning photography in the fall.

JimFox

Staff member
This is very nice indeed Dean! You forgot one thing you also had, snow on the peaks! For me, outside of the fall color, having fresh snow on the peaks is the most important aspect in making fall colors in the mountains look good.

Bart Carrig

Great image Dean. Man, good light follows you everywhere !

I'll note in response to Kyle's question, I've been there several times and I or we've had it to ourselves.

Bart

Kyle Jones

Great image Dean. Man, good light follows you everywhere !

I'll note in response to Kyle's question, I've been there several times and I or we've had it to ourselves.

Bart
Thanks Bart - not having been to Colorado, that makes this a nicer target than those Belles everyone shoots...

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Very nice Dean. Light, Fall colors, snow on the peaks, still lake and clouds with color - all coming together. Would look good on acrylic.

Tom Narwid

Well soon the fall will be here..
This was shot a few years ago at Crystal lake south of Ouray. It was a beautiful fall morning and we had it all for this one, peak fall color,clouds and a nice still lake.
Heading back in a few weeks and I’m sure Ill run into a few of you.
All comments welcome and thanks for viewing regards DeanView attachment 11408
Great image!!!

Top Bottom