Editor Question for video folks

AlanLichty

I haven't really taken the plunge into anything serious with video although several of you have spoken well of Movavi as a video editing platform. Just saw a deal pass by that looks potentially attractive for a suite of Movavi video apps via a site called Mactrast - $49. It includes the Video Editor+, Video Converter, an app called Picverse, and the Slideshow Maker. Is this a worthwhile offer?

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
I guess I started with the free version of Movavi and after a while, I just upgraded. I think I dealt directly with Movavi. It was more like $30. No slide show maker or Picaverse. What does Picaverse do?

You can make a rudimentary slide show with regular Movavi. When you add media files, it can be video or stills.

JimFox

Staff member
I don’t know Alan. It sounds like the price many of them go for. I usually shy away though from those packages that include different types of editors.

Like Ben I am using Movavi for putting the video together. If I need to edit the video I use Photoshop.

I did also purchase Adobe Premier Elements and have played with it a bit. It seems pretty powerful, but I am just comfortable with my current workflow. If you wanted to buy a dedicated package, that’s the one I would suggest. Movavi isn’t the most powerful tool, but it’s simple and easy to use.

AlanLichty

Thanks - that was exactly the feedback I was looking for and I will pass on the promotion. I have seen the standalone video editor go for less.

JimFox

Staff member
Yeah, PicVerse has been around for at least 20 years or so, and always impressed me as one of those nice little photo editors that don't do a lot and probably work best in 8 bit.

Top Bottom