EF 70-300 L IS for Sale EDIT - Price Reduced

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Staff member
As my transition to RF continues, I am selling my other tele zoom lens, as my newly acquired RF 100-500 allows me to offload this lens as well. I am the original owner of this lens, and it has been a wonderful performer for me since March of 2013 when I received it. I would rate the condition as more of an 8, primarily due to paint scuffs around the area where the tripod ring is mounted, since I have shot this extensively both handheld and on a tripod. Everything in the 'gear' picture is part of the sale (plus the lens hood which I included in a separate image after I forgot to put it in this one), including 2 high quality Hoya HD 67mm filters (UV and polarizer) - one or the other of which has been on the lens since it was purchased. These were approximately ~$100 each when I bought them.

EDIT - This item is now posted on that 'other' site at the original selling price of $700, price here is now adjusted down to $650 for my FW friends. Buyer to pay only actual insurance and shipping.

I have some larger versions of these photos if anyone requires them, and am happy to answer any other questions.

Everything Included:

LRCC_sRGB_TAP_3618.jpg

Paint Scuffing Around Tripod Ring Mounting Area:

LRCC_sRGB_TAP_3625.jpg

Front Element:

LRCC_sRGB_TAP_3622.jpg

Rear Element:

LRCC_sRGB_TAP_3628.jpg

Genuine Matching Canon Tripod Ring

LRCC_sRGB_TAP_3629.jpg

Lens Hood:

LRCC_sRGB_TAP_3630.jpg

Through the magic of Lightroom I was able to pull up all my images taken with this lens, ands selected a few of my favorites out of the more than 4,000 images I have captured using it. I will be sad to see it go but I am sure the new RF lens will be a worthy successor for me.

LRCC_sRGB_IMG_2469_70_71.jpg

LRCC_sRGB_PSCC_TAP09680_B&W.jpg

LRCC_sRGB_TAP34441_PSCC2.jpg

LRCC_sRGB_TAP46240.jpg

ML

Last edited:

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Staff member
Ben,

Yes it has been a wonderful lens. A little part of me considered keeping it for those times when I do not anticipate any wildlife opportunities, as it does make the bag a little lighter. But I do like having the option to always shoot animals if the opportunity arises, and the 100-500 should be fantastic for scenic shooting as well, so in the end I decided to put it up for sale. If I do not get any takers over a period of time offering it here and elsewhere I may reconsider. It is nice now to have all 3 of my primary lenses using 77mm filters too I must say. If/when the RF 14-35 comes out that could change if I end up buying that one, but for now it is convenient to always know the filter you grab is the right size.

ML

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Staff member
Yes as Jameel said, the rumor is that it will be an f/4 lens, with the existing RF 15-35 taking the spot of the f/2.8 UWA in the RF lineup. I actually ordered the RF 15-35 f/2.8.ut when I compared it to my EF 16-35 f/4 at f/4 at the wide end and it wasn't as sharp I decided I couldn't feel good about it at the $2300 asking price, so I returned it. Might have been a bad copy I suppose, but I found the same result with my friend's RF 15-35 so at that point I decided to wait and see how the RF 14-35 turns out, assuming it actually comes to pass. Until then the EF 16-35 f/4 with an adapter is fine.

ML

Kyle Jones

Not that anyone should wonder, but I've bought another lens from Mike that was packaged perfectly and arrived exactly as described. Have no fears there.

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Staff member
To expand on what Kyle said, for the 'friends and family' members here on FocalWorld for the first 30 days I would gladly unwind the deal and refund the money (minus the shipping and insurance charges) if anyone was to buy this and decide it did not fit their needs for whatever reason.

ML

Top Bottom