Friday's Focus - 2018/11/02 - Sand Dunes

JimFox

Staff member
Our Focus this Friday is on Sand Dunes. It's getting to be cooler out for most of us, and it's a common time for us to start thinking about Sand Dunes.

Please add your Sand Dunes photos to this Thread.

I will start with one from White Sands New Mexico.

Jim

DSC_3282_dw.jpg

Jim Dockery

I'd never shot dunes before I retired and it was one of my goals, which I've realized in DV, on the OR coast,
and at Bruneau Dunes in ID. I'm looking forward to getting down to White Sands in the next couple years.

Bruneau-Dunes-(47).jpg

Dawn at Bruneau Dunes

OR-Dunes_0020.jpg

OR coast

OR-Dunes_0299bw.jpg

Sand drying after rain made for interesting patterns

OR-Dunes_0058bw.jpg

Tom Narwid

Our Focus this Friday is on Sand Dunes. It's getting to be cooler out for most of us, and it's a common time for us to start thinking about Sand Dunes.

Please add your Sand Dunes photos to this Thread.

I will start with one from White Sands New Mexico.

Jim

View attachment 13528
If you look hard enough around Canyon DeChelly you will eventually see and find the rather large area of beautiful dunes. That is if there are no ATV tracks everywhere!
Canyon DeChelly.jpg

JimFox

Staff member
I'd never shot dunes before I retired and it was one of my goals, which I've realized in DV, on the OR coast,
and at Bruneau Dunes in ID. I'm looking forward to getting down to White Sands in the next couple years.

View attachment 13533
Dawn at Bruneau Dunes

View attachment 13535
OR coast

View attachment 13536
Sand drying after rain made for interesting patterns

View attachment 13537
Very cool Jim! I haven't shot those in Oregon, I might have to stop by there next time.

AlanLichty

I have to confess that I spend quite a bit of time in Florence and have not shot those dunes even once.

Top Bottom