Friday's Focus - 2018/11/30 - Rocky Mountains

JimFox

Staff member
The Focus this Friday is on the Rocky Mountains, both in the USA and Canada.

Add your photos to this thread.

I will start with a couple from my archive, and see if I have time to also process a new one later in the day.

Jim

1. During the night with a setting moon behind me up at Sky Pond in RMNP
_D855515_dw.jpg

2. Not many hours later, this was sunrise.
_D855599_dw.jpg

Tom Narwid

The Focus this Friday is on the Rocky Mountains, both in the USA and Canada.

Add your photos to this thread.

I will start with a couple from my archive, and see if I have time to also process a new one later in the day.

Jim

1. During the night with a setting moon behind me up at Sky Pond in RMNP
View attachment 14330

2. Not many hours later, this was sunrise.
View attachment 14331
These two images are awsome Jim......bravo!

Jim Dockery

Mine are from BITD when climbing was my life.

Lone Pk. Circ, Wasatch range, UT

Kitchener.jpg

Typical summer view of the Canadian Rockies

Athabasca-N-face-sunrise_Pano1.jpg

Sunrise on the North Face of Mt. Athabasca, Can. (this was one of my first panoramas, hand stitched from scanned slides).

Athabasca-descent.jpg

Decending Mt. Athabasca after a climb of the north face. Dave is traversing the summit ridge seen in the previous picture.

JimFox

Staff member
This is Hidden Lake in Glacier NP:

Sunrise at Jackson Lake:

Very nice Alan, it's great to see some Rocky Mountain photos located between RMNP and up in Canada. I think it can be easy to forget that Glacier is part of the Rocky Mountain range.

PhotoShootGC

I miss the landscape photography featuring the mountains and lakes/rivers , here Where I live the majority of rivers and reservoirs are dry

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Wow, tons of exceptional stuff here! Here is one of my favs, and probably the easiest time I ever had of getting a special shot (if you consider getting up at 5:30 am or whatever it was, easy...)

The sun pokes through the clouds momentarily right at dawn, as my camera and I take it all in, standing in my stocking feet on the balcony of our 3rd floor room in the Many Glacier Hotel in Glacier National Park. And to think I almost did not get up to peek out the window when my alarm went off :)

ML

Top Bottom