Friday's Focus - 2019/01/04 - Reflections

JimFox

Staff member
Our Focus this Friday is on Reflections.

Please share your landscape photos that have reflections in them by replying to this thread.

Jim

I will add 2 to begin with. The first is reflecting colors mainly, while the other is reflecting objects.

From Bandon Beach
_D8C6038_dw.jpg

And from Mono Lake
_D8C9455_d1w.jpg

Jim Dockery

Nice shots to start us off Jim - that first one really grabs me - what a great sky and you worked the reflection in the sand well, I assume you were chasing that wave as it flowed out which is part of the active fun shooting at the ocean.

This pano was taken many years ago on one of my favorite little hikes to Heather Lake below Mt. Pilchuck in the Cascades. It's still one of my favorite nature abstracts. I've posted a large gallery image so click through to see larger.

BarryHamilton

Founding Member
Very cool shots and subject. Hard choices but here are a couple of my faves over the years.
Thanksgiving weekend, '14, Morro Bay, CA. I saw the scene from our rental house and I quickly drove down to Morro Strand for an angle on the moon's reflection.
141128_BH_7589.jpg

Early Jan '13, at my favorite cypress swamp. Reflections in the fog.
130106_BH_8075.jpg

AlanLichty

One of my favorite subjects :)

Punch Bowl Falls:

Mt. Rainier sunrise from Reflection Lakes

Abbey Island at Ruby Beach:

Nice shots to start us off Jim - that first one really grabs me - what a great sky and you worked the reflection in the sand well, I assume you were chasing that wave as it flowed out which is part of the active fun shooting at the ocean.

This pano was taken many years ago on one of my favorite little hikes to Heather Lake below Mt. Pilchuck in the Cascades. It's still one of my favorite nature abstracts. I've posted a large gallery image so click through to see larger.

I like this color abstract, Jim but can't figure out what the heck is going on.

Kyle Jones

A few of my favorite reflections...

1) Tenaya Lake - the road was open being Christmas that year. I walked around on the like until I found a spot where the puddles reflected each of the main peaks.
7075 Tenaya Ice_850.jpg

2) Castle Mountain in Banff, getting low to get the reflection in a relatively small creek.
7863 Castle Mountain Reflections_850.jpg

3) Reflection Island at Lake Matheson in New Zealand. A wider view than I've shared before. The name fits.
8157 Lake Matheson Wide_850.jpg

Top Bottom