Friday's Focus - 2019/04/26 - Your Favorite NP

JimFox

Staff member
The Focus this Friday is on your Favorite National Park.

If you are like me, you have lot's of Favorite NP's, but if you could only choose one NP, which one would it be?

So post as many photos of it as you want, but please make sure you are only posting photos from 1 National Park. :)

I will start, and mine is hands down Yosemite. No matter how many places I go and how many cool sights that I see, Yosemite still stands tall and for me nothing else compares.

Jim

_D7K7570_d1w.jpg

_D7K7617_d1w.jpg

_D8C0713_d1w.jpg

_D8C0834_dw.jpg

_D8C3595_crop1_dw.jpg

AlanLichty

I think I will go with Olympic National Park. This park is the one that convinced my wife and I to leave our adopted home of Utah for the Pacific NW.

Kyle Jones

I have to go with Yosemite, although I'm tempted by both Zion and Banff. If I could pick one place to shoot tomorrow it would be Banff, but Yosemite is just so accessible to me and has so many options. So here are some night scenes from Yosemite.

1) Tunnel View
4540 Tunnel View and Stars_850.jpg

2) Yosemite Falls
8691 Upper Yosemite Falls Moonbow_850.jpg

3) Cooks Meadow
3785 Cooks Meadow by Night_850.jpg

4) Olmsted Point
2780 Night Encroaches at Olmstead_850.jpg

5) Tenaya Lake
0632 Tenaya Moonlight_850.jpg

6) Horsetail Falls and El Capitan
3820 Horsetail by Night_850.jpg

JimFox

Staff member
I think I will go with Olympic National Park. This park is the one that convinced my wife and I to leave our adopted home of Utah for the Pacific NW.

An awesome selection from the Olympics Alan!

Jim Dockery

I'll have to go with Mt. Rainier because of my history there - first climbed it in 1969 on the day Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon. I also worked as an assistant climbing ranger and lived at Sunrise the summer between my Jr. and Sr. year in HS. Now I mostly head down there for spring/summer skiing and some hiking/photograhy in the summer.

Cloudy Rainier_Panorama1bw.jpg

East side

Adams-sunset.jpg

Above Paradise on a summer evening, Mt. Adams in the distance

hiking-flower-medow-pano.jpg

Flowers above Paradise

Jeff-ski-DC-7.jpg

Difficult ski conditions high on the DC route.

Jon-Nisqually-Chute.jpg

Steep spring telemark skiing in the Nisqually Chute

Ptarmigan-ridge-bw.jpg

Looking up Ptarmigan ridge

JimFox

Staff member
I'll have to go with Mt. Rainier because of my history there - first climbed it in 1969 on the day Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon. I also worked as an assistant climbing ranger and lived at Sunrise the summer between my Jr. and Sr. year in HS. Now I mostly head down there for spring/summer skiing and some hiking/photograhy in the summer.

View attachment 17811
East side

View attachment 17810
Above Paradise on a summer evening, Mt. Adams in the distance

View attachment 17812
Flowers above Paradise

View attachment 17813
Difficult ski conditions high on the DC route.

View attachment 17814
Steep spring telemark skiing in the Nisqually Chute

View attachment 17815
Looking up Ptarmigan ridge
Rainier is a good choice. It’s definitely one that I have enjoyed through the years.

Vieri

As someone living in Europe, I sadly don't have the luxury to be able to visit as many of the USA NP as I want and as often as I want... I know very very well Death Valley, which is probably my favourite, as well as Zion / Grand Canyon / Arches, slightly less Canyonlands / Bryce. So, since I really consider myself very lucky whenever I can be in whichever NP (they are all amazing!) I am with Jeffrey here, my favourite is the one I am in when I am in one :)

Some DV:

And a classic Canyonlands...

Top Bottom