Full Moon on Thursday 2021/01/28 - Go Capture it

JimFox

Staff member
On Thursday, January 28th, the full moon will end up being almost perfect timing for both sunrise and sunset capturing.

I want to encourage everyone to go out and capture it. :)

I am watching the weather reports closely here in Southern California. I might run out to Joshua Tree to see if I can get a shot of the moon rising over some Joshua Trees.

So where ever you live or happen to be, let's all get out and photograph the moon tomorrow! It can be closeups of the moon, or it can be wider where you are including it in with a Landscape or Cityscape. :)

Jim

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Finally in southern CA the rains are expected tonight. They'll be no viewing unless there is a lucky break.

TimMc

Supporting Member
This is all Jim's fault. He suggested shooting the moon with a drone. I have been wanting to take my drone up over our now frozen lake and it finally is safe to walk out on. So,having Jim to blame and calm weather, I took out my drone last night at sunset and shot both the moon and the setting sun in multi shot pano

DJI_0344-Pano.jpg

AlanLichty

This is all Jim's fault. He suggested shooting the moon with a drone. I have been wanting to take my drone up over our now frozen lake and it finally is safe to walk out on. So,having Jim to blame and calm weather, I took out my drone last night at sunset and shot both the moon and the setting sun in multi shot pano
A very unique view of this event - and a fun shot to boot.

JimFox

Staff member

View attachment 35738
Ha ha, I will gladly take the blame or credit for this super cool photo! This looks really sweet Tim! That lake makes for a great ground layer.

Top Bottom