Grimes Canyon Sunset + 2 New Images

AlanLichty

Interesting little canyon for sunset scenes. I like the flowers down in front for this view.

I love that twisty road - that looks like fun to drive.

JimFox

Staff member
Wow Aaron! That’s so awesome! Love that road, and it would sure make for an awesome timelapse. I hope you will post that too.

There is a similar mountain road like this that I have gone to with @Alisa to capture the car lights with long exposures at twilight and into the stars coming up.

Where is Grimes Canyon? I haven’t heard of it as I normally am down in OC.

AaronRashid

Wow Aaron! That’s so awesome! Love that road, and it would sure make for an awesome timelapse. I hope you will post that too.

There is a similar mountain road like this that I have gone to with @Alisa to capture the car lights with long exposures at twilight and into the stars coming up.

Where is Grimes Canyon? I haven’t heard of it as I normally am down in OC.
Thank you Jim! I definitely want to go back and try another Timelapse soon. The first one I shot on aperture priority so as the sun sets the frames get longer so it looks like it’s in fast forward.

This is up near Fillmore. It’s called grimes canyon road. Here are the coordinates:

(34.3410243, -118.9035765)

Bob

Aaron,
Interesting place to shoot. I like the composition but the sun on the left side is too overwhelming for my taste. The sun is washing out the fore ground color. I would try shooting this after the sunsets to get that amber glow on the rocks.
Bob

AaronRashid

Aaron,
Interesting place to shoot. I like the composition but the sun on the left side is too overwhelming for my taste. The sun is washing out the fore ground color. I would try shooting this after the sunsets to get that amber glow on the rocks.
Bob
Thank you for the input Bob! It’s a great place to shoot as the sun goes down. The sun can get pretty intense when it’s over that hill. You might like these ones a little more…

57988226-6C16-48BD-B9C8-544976B0BC6B.jpeg

59D2FE26-4C52-4DCB-A517-1A769EC87C3E.jpeg

JimFox

Staff member
Thank you Jim! I definitely want to go back and try another Timelapse soon. The first one I shot on aperture priority so as the sun sets the frames get longer so it looks like it’s in fast forward.

This is up near Fillmore. It’s called grimes canyon road. Here are the coordinates:

(34.3410243, -118.9035765)
Thanks Aaron for the info. I need to check that out some time. But it will have to be much later as I am heading to Colorado on Monday and won’t be back for a month or two. :)

Bob

Aaron,
Yes the two new posts are far superior. Love both of them but the pink clouds at sunset is excellent.
Bob

JimFox

Staff member
These are really great, especially that last one! That looks like I was kind of picturing in my head with car light trails.

When I get back to California in August, let's get together and shoot this. I am thinking even an all night timelapse might look really special! :)

Top Bottom