Gunsight Rock from La Push

Dave Johnston

Since I had to be back in Portland that night for a morning flight, I shot sunset on my last night close to the road from La Push harbor area, adjacent to First Beach. I found a good alignment of sunset with Gunsight Rock, although I guess you could say my aim was a little off (intentionally)!

Gunsight Rock Sunset.jpg

I'm not sure this second one works, but when this lone cloud drifted over the rock at sunset and lit up brightly, I had to try to work it in.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Dave

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Dave, these both are very nice! I like that long reflection of the sun off the water in #1. And that one lone cloud is really cool in #2 and I like how it's being lit up by the sun.

Great work here!

AlanLichty

Very nice - you had had less clouds than I got out there night before last. And that wasn't many at all... I like the color in the sky for the first one and the B&W worked out quite well.

Dave Johnston

Thank you Jim, Jameel, Ben, Mike, Alan and Zeph. La Push surprised me with easily accessible dramatic scenes. I didn't expect to come away with anything good, but that rock certainly provided some interest, even with a less-than-dramatic sunset.

Edit: and thank you Jim D. too!

Dave

Top Bottom