Hanging Out by Mt Wilson

JimFox

Staff member
It was a stormy and rainy day last week, but the soft light was nice for photography. It was nice when the horses started wandering closer.

Mt Wilson is in SW Colorado, kind of west of Telluride. Where this was shot, it's NW of Telluride in an area called Wilson Mesa. Alisa had driven down to meet me there and she was the tour guide visiting some locations she had previously found with wildflowers. I have started exploring Wilson Mesa a few years ago, and am really enjoying it as it's a lesser traveled area. There are lots of large rich ranches up there mostly. So lot's of fenced off areas and lot's a Private Property signs, but still there is lot's of cool areas to find and explore.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

_D857753_dw.jpg

sweetgrass

Very nice! Dig the green meadow, wild flowers, the majestic peak along with storm clouds in the background and the two equines is such a nice touch.

AlanLichty

Looks like a nice play to play - especially when it starts getting too warm to do much in the lowlands and deserts. Good to get your shots of the wildflowers in before they become part of the lunch menu for the horses :)

JimFox

Staff member
Looks like a nice play to play - especially when it starts getting too warm to do much in the lowlands and deserts. Good to get your shots of the wildflowers in before they become part of the lunch menu for the horses :)
I think the sun was getting to most of the wildflowers before the horses could this year!

Thanks Alan!

Tom Narwid

It was a stormy and rainy day last week, but the soft light was nice for photography. It was nice when the horses started wandering closer.

Mt Wilson is in SW Colorado, kind of west of Telluride. Where this was shot, it's NW of Telluride in an area called Wilson Mesa. Alisa had driven down to meet me there and she was the tour guide visiting some locations she had previously found with wildflowers. I have started exploring Wilson Mesa a few years ago, and am really enjoying it as it's a lesser traveled area. There are lots of large rich ranches up there mostly. So lot's of fenced off areas and lot's a Private Property signs, but still there is lot's of cool areas to find and explore.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

View attachment 40558
Good "hang" JIm.

Top Bottom