Horsing Around in my Backyard

MonikaC

We're down to about 2 dozen horses now (down from 3 -- some had to go to work somewhere, carting tourists around on their backs). A few days ago we had a very wet, heavy snow, which, upon melting, provided some much needed moisture for the pasture. And Colorado in general. This was taken from my back deck. The horses are just beyond where my fence used to be. Nothing great, but nice to wake up to.

Horses1NoiseSharpnobranchNik.jpg

Horses2NoiseSharpNik.jpg

TimMc

Supporting Member
Monika, the pictures are great. Especially given that it's your backyard. A couple of very non serious suggestions. The first picture needs Jim Fox. A Milky Way capping the mountains would be great. The second picture needs Alan from 300 feet above.

In the mean time just enjoy the great back yard and the great pictures

MonikaC

Monika, the pictures are great. Especially given that it's your backyard. A couple of very non serious suggestions. The first picture needs Jim Fox. A Milky Way capping the mountains would be great. The second picture needs Alan from 300 feet above.

In the mean time just enjoy the great back yard and the great pictures
Of course (dope slap) -- how could I have left those out?

JimFox

Staff member
That’s right I haven’t been to your new house yet. I had no idea your backyard was so awesome. What direction is that?

Both of these photos I think are really great. On one hand you are right, there is nothing special in it like hoodoos, etc. but on the other hand all of the elements add up to create 2 really great photos!!! I really like both, with a slight edge to #1.

I hope you do more photography from your backyard.

MonikaC

That’s right I haven’t been to your new house yet. I had no idea your backyard was so awesome. What direction is that?

Both of these photos I think are really great. On one hand you are right, there is nothing special in it like hoodoos, etc. but on the other hand all of the elements add up to create 2 really great photos!!! I really like both, with a slight edge to #1.

I hope you do more photography from your backyard.
It faces due south. 30 acres (10 of which burned, but are pretty green again now) of Open Space land, with a (currently) frog-filled marsh just steps from the fence line, occasionally some ducks.

BlackRockArt

We're down to about 2 dozen horses now (down from 3 -- some had to go to work somewhere, carting tourists around on their backs). A few days ago we had a very wet, heavy snow, which, upon melting, provided some much needed moisture for the pasture. And Colorado in general. This was taken from my back deck. The horses are just beyond where my fence used to be. Nothing great, but nice to wake up to.

View attachment 49413

View attachment 49414
Monikia, I love the first one like a painting. Yes, I heard Denver had 20inch of snow, what weather.

Oliver

MonikaC

Monikia, I love the first one like a painting. Yes, I heard Denver had 20inch of snow, what weather.

Oliver
And it'll be 70 degrees tomorrow!
We didn't get that much snow -- never stuck to the streets or sidewalks, but probably 5" -- enough to break a lot of branches. Where I used to live got 18".

View attachment 49413

View attachment 49414

Last edited:
Top Bottom