It's a Dogs Life

JimFox

Staff member
After a great night of Deep Space Astro at Hensley Lake Recreation Area near Madera California, I drove into Yosemite this morning, and have had a blast photographing.

I thought I might be too late for the Dogwoods, but I am not. There are Dogwoods everywhere! Peak was probably a few weeks ago as you can tell by the size of the leaves, but I don't care, peak or not? They look so beautiful and as I said they are everywhere. All of the normal locations have them, but I am also seeing Dogwoods blooming in areas I haven't seen before.

So if you want Dogwoods, hurry up and get here to Yosemite.

This is literally about 13 seconds of editing. I have had cell reception all day here, but no internet at all. So tonight, it's almost 10pm I can finally access the internet.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

33BDCCA1-CF8D-474C-B5E8-9A2858516E70.jpeg

AlanLichty

Very nice. We are just past peak for dogwoods up in my area although there are gobs that look like these still.

JimFox

Staff member
Very nice. We are just past peak for dogwoods up in my area although there are gobs that look like these still.
Thanks Alan. I was really happy seeing just how good the Dogwoods were looking when I got there. I figured they would all be brown and deteriorated when I got there. The 2nd day I was in Yosemite, I wasn't suppose to be there, I had planned on going down to Sequoia so that I could capture the Dogwoods there as they are typically 3 weeks behind the blooms in Yosemite. But when I saw how good so many of the blooms were in Yosemite, I couldn't leave. I may try to get to Sequoia later in the week.

JimFox

Staff member
That is a clever and interesting composition, Jim and those dogwoods ae beautiful.
Thank you Doug!

I have captured the Dogwoods there quite a few times as they bloom there each year, but this year I think I have captured my favorite image from there. Maybe even my best Dogwood image from this year.

After a great night of Deep Space Astro at Hensley Lake Recreation Area near Madera California, I drove into Yosemite this morning, and have had a blast photographing.

I thought I might be too late for the Dogwoods, but I am not. There are Dogwoods everywhere! Peak was probably a few weeks ago as you can tell by the size of the leaves, but I don't care, peak or not? They look so beautiful and as I said they are everywhere. All of the normal locations have them, but I am also seeing Dogwoods blooming in areas I haven't seen before.

So if you want Dogwoods, hurry up and get here to Yosemite.

This is literally about 13 seconds of editing. I have had cell reception all day here, but no internet at all. So tonight, it's almost 10pm I can finally access the internet.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

View attachment 61293
Well captured, Jim. I should get into the park soon.

Oliver

Top Bottom