Kacie and Jason - Engagement gif

JimFox

Staff member
I had the pleasure of doing an Engagement session last week, I always find them very fun. I don't do as many as I used to, but they are still a joy when I do them.

This is from a series where they were dancing along the water edge towards the end of our session. I was handholding the camera as is the norm for portrait sessions. I took several series where I captured the dance from start to finish. I shot this with a slower shutter speed at 1/15th of a sec to get some motion blur on Kacie and her dress. I then took those photos, there was 17 of them in this group, and turned them into a gif in Photoshop.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

_D8590319_KacieAndJason_800pix.gif

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
That's a really effective GIF, the stop action and the motion show the feelings they had for each other. I like the water coming in too.

JimFox

Staff member
PS. The gif doesn’t load right in the Lightbox on the iPhone if you click on the gif. But in the upper right of the Lightbox are some tools, just click on the Square that has an arrow pointing to the upper right, and it will then load it full screen on your phone.

Amy Nelson

That's pretty dang cool. That's something they will definitely treasure, a motion in time that will never be repeated. Reminds me of one of those little books, that as you flip though the pages you got motion.

AlanLichty

Not a type of photography I have ever tried but this is a pretty nice result. Nice work on making this into an animated gif.

JimFox

Staff member
That's pretty dang cool. That's something they will definitely treasure, a motion in time that will never be repeated. Reminds me of one of those little books, that as you flip though the pages you got motion.
Thanks so much Amy! Adding the gif creation to my engagement sessions is something new I am adding. It's kind of cool how it looks, not quite a video, but short and sweet.

Top Bottom