Lake Ice

Dean

Stunning abstract patterns and light are really well seen. These are my favorite shots... I love this the way it is.. since you asked for comments, I'll say If it were mine I would crop the top down to the first point of the jutting ice on the right. It keeps some of that top texture but brings even more focus to the bottom 4/5ths of this image which is really fascinating. Great job here!

Print this on metal or metallic paper!

JimFox

Staff member
Love it Tim! I am not sure visually if it's even flat with all those sharp angles in it. A really awesome mind bender you found.

Timmeh

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Stunning abstract patterns and light are really well seen. These are my favorite shots... I love this the way it is.. since you asked for comments, I'll say If it were mine I would crop the top down to the first point of the jutting ice on the right. It keeps some of that top texture but brings even more focus to the bottom 4/5ths of this image which is really fascinating. Great job here!

Print this on metal or metallic paper!
Thanks for the suggestion Dean! I struggled with cropping on this, and I'm pretty convinced that if you present an abstract to a group of photographers they'll each come up with a different crop. My crop was trying to give similar amounts of breathing room at each triangle vertex, but I see what your saying with the texture at the top being the least interesting.

Bob

Tim,
This is really a cool composition as an abstract I really like it.
Bob

Top Bottom