Lifted Tundra

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
I had a 2 inch Bilstien lift kit installed on my 2000 Tundra. I also had a set of BF Goodrich All Terrain tires installed. These are 10 ply tires with a pretty aggressive tread. Some asked to see the effect so I am posting it here. It's only a 2 inch lift so maybe it does not look like much, but I have a lot of clearance.

200709-13791-5DS R.jpg

AlanLichty

Looks much better.

Toyota has started building this much lift into newer trucks to start with - my 2016 Tacoma came from the factory lifted as high as your Tundra is with the lift kit.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Right if I was going for a new truck it would be a Tacoma. The seating was too cramped in the Tacoma when I bought my tundra

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Right if I was going for a new truck it would be a Tacoma. The seating was too cramped in the Tacoma when I bought my tundra
the new F150s look pretty nice with the front seats reclining to allow you to sleep on it - business class style.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
That's sure looking nice Ben. How does it ride around town?
Hi Jim, I have a hard time seeing any difference on the road, maybe a tad smoother, but I am sure it will lean a bit more in side winds and off camber turns. I have not had either experience yet.

This morning I was on a rough wash board dirt road and it was much better. But the main reason for the lift is clearance for serious off road.

Off roading has been mostly to get to photo ops, but I am finding it to be a fun thing all it's own.

Top Bottom