Milky Way in Joshua Tree Part 1

JimFox

Staff member
Since so many of us are playing around and learning how to do Timelapse video, I found a bunch of Milky Way shots I took from Joshua Tree back in June of this year while out shooting Deep Sky Astro with my D850. While that camera was focused on a few different Nebula's and Galaxies, I had 3 other cameras set up shooting the Milky Way from a couple of different vantage points.

There is some light pollution from peoples headlamps, etc. I tried to grab sections with the least amount of it, but it was impossible to avoid completely. Even though there were not many others up at night photographing, there were enough to spray light onto a scene. I will need to try and find an area there where it's a bit more secluded or at least less traveled at night in the future.

I am not sure how many frames I took to make this, I could go back and count, but I don't know off the top of my head. It was all with Raw stills that I combined in Movavi to make the timelapse. I also added the music and titles in Movavi. This is a bit of a quick and dirty processing and assembly as I was busy in Colorado and packing up to go down to New Mexico. Hopefully it looks good enough, but I do want to improve on the quality and the process.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

JimFox

Staff member
Looks really cool, and something I would like to explore in the future.
Thanks Sonny. It's been fun playing around with the Timelapses. Now I just have to purposely go out and shoot one instead of just using images I had shot.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Wow Jim, this is far different than when I use stills in Moviva. The results are wonderful and your zooms and fades and transitions are great. Good job.

JimFox

Staff member
Wow Jim, this is far different than when I use stills in Moviva. The results are wonderful and your zooms and fades and transitions are great. Good job.
Hey Ben, thanks so much!

I am going to try and video capture my screen when I get back to California so I can do an actual tutorial on how to do what I am doing in Movavi.

Alisa

Super cool Jim!! I would like to get out more this year and photograph the Milky Way this year!

JimFox

Staff member
Super cool Jim!! I would like to get out more this year and photograph the Milky Way this year!
Thanks Alisa!

I know I will be doing lots of Milky Way this year, but then I do lots of Milky Way every year. :)

Top Bottom