Milky way in Mauritius

JimFox

Staff member
Welcome to FocalWorld Kurt!

What an awesome intro photo and video. Several of us doing timelapses of the MW, and I like your approach as well with this video.

You found a great tree to anchor the image.

Again, Welcome to FocalWorld, it's great to have you here!

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Welcome to FocalWorld and a very nice intro post. Your video is a unique presentation of the MW and I like it.

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Staff member
Kurt,

Well if this is any indication, we are all going to be VERY happy to have you here posting on FW - what a treat this is! There is no substitute for dark skies that is for sure! Really like the resultant detail and exposure on this one!

I will have to go off and watch your video soon!

ML

kurt

Hello many thanks for all your comments, I'm reading all of them and much appreciate. :cool:

I forgot to add some background history here.

I was planning that day to make some 30 light frames for stacking but weather did no allow :-(, I got only 2 to 3 shots more or less Ok. So no calibration frames were used. The photos are made up of 2 single shots stitched. Exif : 12,800 ISO / F2.8 / 10s. Camera Sony A7s with Sony FE 28mm F2.

The tree has died and fallen apart since. So I won't be able to do this shot again. SO sad !

Remember that you can download this photo as mobile wallpaper or in HD using the link above.

P.S The song in the video : it's me playing and is my own composition :p

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Kurt,

I didn’t realize that you had done the music for this, I had to go back and watch and listen to your video now that I know that. That music is really awesome. I do quite a few Timelapses and videos so I think I have a decent ear for good background music, and this is really great!

Do you have any of your music online?

kurt

Hello @JimFox,

Thanks for your reply and for your support. :cool: I do music composition as a hobby. It's kind of melancholic type.

All links are here : Kurt Website
Direct links to listen / buy : Kurt on Bandcamp

When I shoot, I'll try to make a panorama photo so that after editing, I'll bring it in Premiere Pro to create a basic video to move the picture from bottom to top and add my music ;-) Nothing complicated. :p

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Hello many thanks for all your comments, I'm reading all of them and much appreciate. :cool:

I forgot to add some background history here.

I was planning that day to make some 30 light frames for stacking but weather did no allow :-(, I got only 2 to 3 shots more or less Ok. So no calibration frames were used. The photos are made up of 2 single shots stitched. Exif : 12,800 ISO / F2.8 / 10s. Camera Sony A7s with Sony FE 28mm F2.

The tree has died and fallen apart since. So I won't be able to do this shot again. SO sad !

Remember that you can download this photo as mobile wallpaper or in HD using the link above.

P.S The song in the video : it's me playing and is my own composition :p
Wow, 12800 ISO? I have never ventured that high. That Sony A7s looks like a nice body to go that high on ISO.

kurt

Hello Jameel,

thanks for stopping here and for your comment.

Indeed the A7s is a low light beast. It was the main reason I decided to purchase this camera. You can't go wrong for astrophotography with it.

Noting that the image would have been far better if I could get rid of the noise (by taking several ones) :cool:

Top Bottom