Monday's Moose

JimFox

Staff member
Well, I got a ton of moose shots from the other day, maybe several tons actually. So this is one I picked to start with, probably not the best of the bunch, but it's the first and easiest to have processed here and I thought the flowers in it were kind of cool.

If anyone else wants to add some moose photos to this thread on this Monday, have at it. :)

Jim

_D810785_dw.jpg

AlanLichty

Nice moose shots so far. Last time I got a shot of a moose was back in film days and I never scanned that so I will just sit back and enjoy what's getting posted here :cool:

Jeffrey

Jim, nice moose. I think wildlife images of such creatures should emphasize the face visibility and most importantly the eyes. I'm not seeing the moose eyes. That's a major connection between an image of an animal and the viewer.

JimFox

Staff member
Jim, nice moose. I think wildlife images of such creatures should emphasize the face visibility and most importantly the eyes. I'm not seeing the moose eyes. That's a major connection between an image of an animal and the viewer.
Good point Jeffrey. I do have some where it’s eyes stand out but they seem to come across as crazed eyes... so I picked a version of the moose to start with where it looked a little friendlier... crazy I know. :)

JimFox

Staff member
This moose is in Shubencadie Wildlife Park in Nova Scotia, Canada. It is the only one we saw while spending two weeks in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia. She was separated from her mother somehow in PEI and was brought here so she could survive.

View attachment 29887
That’s too bad she got separated from her mom. You have a cool shot Doug.

MonikaC

This guy was outside of Crested Butte. We'd gone for a post prandial stroll & he was blocking our way back to camp. My dog was busy sniffing along the ground & didn't look up to see it. I softly called her back when she was maybe 20' feet from him. He was mostly interested in eating his dinner, but was definitely watching us. We took the long way around to camp (through a marsh), I put her in the FJ, got my camera out & went back (the short way, along the road) to get some shots.
Moose-frontal.jpg
Moose-turned.jpg

AlanLichty

This guy was outside of Crested Butte. We'd gone for a post prandial stroll & he was blocking our way back to camp. My dog was busy sniffing along the ground & didn't look up to see it. I softly called her back when she was maybe 20' feet from him. He was mostly interested in eating his dinner, but was definitely watching us. We took the long way around to camp (through a marsh), I put her in the FJ, got my camera out & went back (the short way, along the road) to get some shots.
Looks like Bullwinkle :cool:

Top Bottom