More Maple Upholstery

AlanLichty

A mossy maple just about to drop its leaves from a few weeks back along the Sweet Creek trail near Mapleton, OR. Most of the maples along the trail had already dropped their leaves but this one was still hanging onto them. The scene was framed to avoid showing any sky which would blow out the 6 second exposure.

SC-UpholsteredMaple2.jpg

C&C always welcome.

AlanLichty

Love those mossy limb reaching out. Beautiful capture and processing Alan.
Thanks - Scenes like this are why I love the NW.

This is one of your best of type and you are a master of this type. Very well done.
Thanks - my favorite type of scene in the forests.

Wonderful image, Alan. Well done.
Thanks Jeffrey - blue hour light in a forested canyon can yield some really nice small scenes.

Lovely image Alan. That mossy limb with the yellow leaves makes a nice visual.
Thanks Jameel - I waited until I got home to process this one to make sure the leaves visually jumped out the way they did when I shot this.

Wow Alan! In a lot of ways this tops that little tree in the Portland Japanese Gardens. Very nice!
Thanks Jim. The Portland Japanese Garden is a manicured space that while spectacular doesn't really match the crazy chaos of the coastal rainforests.

That is just spectacular, Alan!
Thanks Monika - I think I shot this the day after your PJG excursion with exactly the opposite experience for crowd control issues: I was the only one there. You got a better color show however.

MonikaC

Thanks - Scenes like this are why I love the NW.

Thanks - my favorite type of scene in the forests.

Thanks Jeffrey - blue hour light in a forested canyon can yield some really nice small scenes.

Thanks Jameel - I waited until I got home to process this one to make sure the leaves visually jumped out the way they did when I shot this.

Thanks Jim. The Portland Japanese Garden is a manicured space that while spectacular doesn't really match the crazy chaos of the coastal rainforests.

Thanks Monika - I think I shot this the day after your PJG excursion with exactly the opposite experience for crowd control issues: I was the only one there. You got a better color show however.
Yeah, rub it in about being the only one there..........😉 I still think you got a brilliant shot!

John Holbrook

I like clicking on your posts because of the often clever titles—and the nice images upon opening them. Good color and composition with this image.

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Wow , that is s stunner! Really fantastic color and light. I agree with Ben on this one, one of the best of this 'genre' I have seen!

ML

AlanLichty

This one is a one up on Eliot Porter, Alan. Beautiful color and composition. What is the tree with the large trunk in the right background?
Thanks Doug - the large trunks in the background are fir trees. They are likely Grand Fir (Abies grandis). These are some of the most common fir trees in the coast range at lower elevations.

AlanLichty

I like clicking on your posts because of the often clever titles—and the nice images upon opening them. Good color and composition with this image.
Oh that is nice
Wow , that is s stunner! Really fantastic color and light. I agree with Ben on this one, one of the best of this 'genre' I have seen!

ML
Beautiful tree, Alan, well done! :) Best regards,

Vieri
This is lovely! Nicely framed.
Thanks for the comments. The NW woods are filled with scenes full of mossy trees but the biggest problem is seeing good ones isolated enough for compositions. I was happy this one worked out.

Top Bottom