Moroccan Life

Jeffrey

Still working on many images from Morocco, March, 2022. Here is an assortment of street and market action in the cities and towns we visited.

Pidgeon feeder at the Mosque.
pidgeonfeeder.jpg

A street performer who really drew some attention.
hatman1.jpg

Three from the Spice Market. Truly fascinating.
spiceshop3.jpg

spiceshop2.jpg

spiceshop1.jpg

Coppersmith.
coppersmith1.jpg

A metalware shop. Here you can fulfill all your urn requirements.
urnshop1.jpg

The Rug merchant. I have one of these under the chair I'm sitting in now.
rugmerchant1.jpg

And me, after we struck a deal!
Me and my rug1.jpeg

AlanLichty

Delightful set - especially the spice market. That must have smelled wonderful on top of all of the color. Thanks for sharing the views.

I like your choice for a rug.

JimFox

Staff member
Wow Jeffrey! Where to start? What an amazing collection of photos from Morocco! You could make a book out of all of your keepers as they are world class keepers! If National Geographic was doing an article on Morocco, your photos should be the first they look at!

I love that Street entertainer in #2, such character to their faces there. It's amazing just how old, weathered and ancient they look.

I like how #3 has the guy pointing to his wares! The spice shop is a place I have seen photos of before and so always wanted to go there. And you more then did justice to the memories of other photos I have seen from there. I would love to go there, though I am afraid I would need to wear a respirator as there are almost no spices that cause my nose, mouth and lungs to collape. As you may recall, a touch of salt is the most of a spice that I like, I can't even deal with a grain of pepper.... so I might die doing it, but I would sure like to visit that Spice market one of these days.

And what a cool metal shop. You didn't find Aladdin's Lamp I guess? You should have rubbed every pot in there! :)

You were able to get a rug and ship it back here to the states? That's so cool!

Please keep posting more photos from that trip as you process them. It's so awesome to see, and give some of us a grand glimpse of a location we will never visit ourselves.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Wow Jeffrey! Where to start? What an amazing collection of photos from Morocco! You could make a book out of all of your keepers as they are world class keepers! If National Geographic was doing an article on Morocco, your photos should be the first they look at!

I love that Street entertainer in #2, such character to their faces there. It's amazing just how old, weathered and ancient they look.

I like how #3 has the guy pointing to his wares! The spice shop is a place I have seen photos of before and so always wanted to go there. And you more then did justice to the memories of other photos I have seen from there. I would love to go there, though I am afraid I would need to wear a respirator as there are almost no spices that cause my nose, mouth and lungs to collape. As you may recall, a touch of salt is the most of a spice that I like, I can't even deal with a grain of pepper.... so I might die doing it, but I would sure like to visit that Spice market one of these days.

And what a cool metal shop. You didn't find Aladdin's Lamp I guess? You should have rubbed every pot in there! :)

You were able to get a rug and ship it back here to the states? That's so cool!

Please keep posting more photos from that trip as you process them. It's so awesome to see, and give some of us a grand glimpse of a location we will never visit ourselves.
Jim, this is a great comment, if I were not the worlds worse typist and speller I would try to do comments like this.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Jeffrey, first off, congratulations on a well-earned daily featured post. This is a superb set of images, I especially like the street performer and the coppersmith. That is a lovely rug.

I am still waiting for your image of "Ricks Place" and I want to know if Sydney Greenstreet is still the owner? 😄

Darcy Grizzle

Wow is pretty much all I have for these amazing images. They pull you in & really really make you want to be there, the colors are so rich & the faces have so much character. Fabulous!

MonikaC

Really great set, Jeffrey. Any idea what any of those spices were?
My favorite movie, too.
Congratulations of the DFI!

Top Bottom