My first Andromeda

JimFox

Staff member
This looks really good Larry! You have some really nice definition to this. Andromeda is one of the largest and brightest objects out there, so it can be an easy one to start with, I know when I started doing Deep Space Astro 2 years ago that the Andromeda Galaxy was one of my first.

But with that said about how easy it is to capture, it’s also one of the harder ones to process. And that’s Because of how bright the core is. I have captured Andromeda 4 or 5 times now, and each time it gets better and better I think. I posted a new one a week ago, and I think it’s my best one yet.

What gear are you using?

LG Images

This looks really good Larry! You have some really nice definition to this. Andromeda is one of the largest and brightest objects out there, so it can be an easy one to start with, I know when I started doing Deep Space Astro 2 years ago that the Andromeda Galaxy was one of my first.

But with that said about how easy it is to capture, it’s also one of the harder ones to process. And that’s Because of how bright the core is. I have captured Andromeda 4 or 5 times now, and each time it gets better and better I think. I posted a new one a week ago, and I think it’s my best one yet.

What gear are you using?
Thanks Jim! Gear listed below.
Camera ~ Canon 90D
ASI Air Pro
Telescope ~ WO Zenithstar 61
Flattener ~ WO 61A
Mount ~ Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro
Power ~ Jackery 500 & 240
Coffee ~ Folgers..............lol!

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Staff member
larry,

Nice work on a deceptively difficult object, as Jim stated above. My first version of this object was not nearly as well executed as this one is. You are off and running on a very fun hobby!

ML

JimFox

Staff member
Thanks Jim! Gear listed below.
Camera ~ Canon 90D
ASI Air Pro
Telescope ~ WO Zenithstar 61
Flattener ~ WO 61A
Mount ~ Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro
Power ~ Jackery 500 & 240
Coffee ~ Folgers..............lol!
Ha ha, love you listing your coffee!

I have the AsiAir Pro too, but haven’t used it yet. I need to get it out and figured out how to use it. I might be asking you some questions.

Top Bottom