National Camera Day ~ June 29, 2020

Tex Schneider

Ambassador
National Camera Day ~ June 29, 2020

Please join in the fun and add some images to the thread!

"Ladies Poker Night"

"Guys Poker Night"

"The Big Hand"

LadiesPokerNightSL.JPG

PokerNightUSCSL.JPG

Looks like Grandpa is a University of Southern California fan! Fight On!

PokerNightSL.JPG

You might be better off not gambling with Grandpa! I'm trying to figure out how he got my Montecristo cigar that I picked up in Cuba!

Tex Schneider

Ambassador
I am the current custodian of this Speed Graphic. I have a friend that decided it was time to pass his father's camera on to someone that would appreciate it.

SpeedGraphicSL.JPG

ckcarr

Founding Member
Mine aren't that old!

I did get these a long time ago though. The Vivitar when I was in high school from my dad, and then I acquired the Rollie also from my dad at some point in college. There's been a lot of cameras over the years, but these are more sentimental. I never shoot film anymore, so they sit in the cabinet.
(I see myself in both too!)

i-GsF6LtH-X2.jpg

i-Z8tSdhW-X2.jpg

Ken Rennie

No images of film cameras as I loaned my Pentax Spotmatic F to a "friend" who forgot to return from a trip to Japan. This image is 45+yrs old, my wife's graduation day, lots of cropping here. Ken
_1136371 as Smart Object-1 latest.jpg

JimFox

Staff member
Mine aren't that old!

I did get these a long time ago though. The Vivitar when I was in high school from my dad, and then I acquired the Rollie also from my dad at some point in college. There's been a lot of cameras over the years, but these are more sentimental. I never shoot film anymore, so they sit in the cabinet.
(I see myself in both too!)

View attachment 29876

View attachment 29877
Great memories Craig!

I thought in your writing you were going to say that your saw yourself in the cabinet too one day... :)

ckcarr

Founding Member
I've thought about buying a nice Nikon film camera, but I think I am too far gone with digital now. So it would just be a thing to have... And I have a lot of those things already!

When I used those old cameras back in Gunnison, I would then take the film to Gunnison Camera for developing, wait about ten days, and then see how bad the pictures were...

AlanLichty

I don't have the camera that I shot these with anymore but I shot these in 1965 at Havasu Falls with a twin lens reflex Minolta Autocord. Scanned from 120 slides:

TopOfTheFalls.jpg

HavasuFalls.jpg

Tex Schneider

Ambassador
Nice to see a photo of Havavasu Falls. I took a hike down there with a couple of friends and our 9 year old sons. It's been a while ago. Someone down there pointed out to me that it was possible to approach the fall from camera left, stay up against the rock face and work yourself to camera right, you could get right behind the fall. We tried it and it worked! There was an over hang of about 14 inches and was above the waterline for about 18 inches. It provided the protection so you could get behind the fall. It was exhilarating! My son is now 38, but he still remembers it!.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane, Alan!

AlanLichty

Nice to see a photo of Havavasu Falls. I took a hike down there with a couple of friends and our 9 year old sons. It's been a while ago. Someone down there pointed out to me that it was possible to approach the fall from camera left, stay up against the rock face and work yourself to camera right, you could get right behind the fall. We tried it and it worked! There was an over hang of about 14 inches and was above the waterline for about 18 inches. It provided the protection so you could get behind the fall. It was exhilarating! My son is now 38, but he still remembers it!.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane, Alan!
I will be quite honest - taking that first shot looking down the falls with a twin lens reflex camera was a bit on the crazy side given how you have to focus them looking down at the viewfinder screen. I had one of my teenage buddies holding onto me while I got that shot. No way I would ever do something like that again.

JimFox

Staff member
Well, being on the road I didn’t have much with me, but I do have the last film camera I used with me as I found it in a box in storage before I left. It’s the Nikon N8008s. It served me well for a long time. And I actually plan to shoot some film with it this trip.

831FA1DA-FF31-42F8-9C4B-186A43C1AB95.jpeg

Top Bottom