New MacBook Pro 16" Max

Jim Dockery

After reading rave reviews I bit the bullet and ordered a new MacBook Pro 16" Max with 24 GPU cores, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD. My old 15" MacBook Pro works fine at home plugged in, but I was having trouble when we were boon docking on our recent SW trip (all but a couple nights in a month). When downloading files, simple relabeling and sorting, and bit of editing the battery only lasted a couple hours. I ordered it from B&H with my Payboo credit card that pays the sales tax, but they are backordered and I don't know when it will arrive. When I've got it up and running I'll come back and post my impressions.

AlanLichty

Looking forward to your experience. I am waiting for a Mac Mini that has the newer processors. I need more than the 16GB of RAM I have in my current 16" MacBook Pro.

AlanLichty

Sounds like a fun new toy.

A credit card that pays your sales tax? Never heard of one of those.
B&H Photo Supply. They bombard me with offers for Payboo quite regularly. Washington state has a pretty high sales tax since we don't have an income tax so B&H knows they can undercut most WA brick and mortar stores with this offer.

Last edited:

Jim Dockery

Jim, Payboo only pays sales tax when used at B&H, which has pretty much locked me into them for big tech purchases like this. I think Alan meant to say that sales tax is high in WA (about 9% at my house) because we don't have a state income tax.

AlanLichty

Jim, Payboo only pays sales tax when used at B&H, which has pretty much locked me into them for big tech purchases like this. I think Alan meant to say that sales tax is high in WA (about 9% at my house) because we don't have a state income tax.
I fixed my post to properly reflect no income tax :rolleyes:

I can just drive over to Portland and get the same result :) That said I do still use B&H and will apply for the Payboo card next time I buy anything big from B&H.

Top Bottom