Oak Tree

Amy Earl

I was playing with a color version of this oak tree taken on Oct. 21 when I happened to try it with an orange B&W filter. It just struck me with the detail and variety of light and dark areas. The sun was hitting the leaves so there is quite a bit of contrast. I feel like it looks best in a small size in order to appreciate these things (plus the leaves are not really in focus I discovered). All feedback welcome.

1606367515366.png

JimFox

Staff member
I sure like the look of this a lot. Great job with converting this to B&W. While it's too bad the leaves are out of focus, it's not something that really jumps out at the viewer. The solid composition and the very nice B&W touch really stand out.

AlanLichty

Not sure I would have even noticed the OOF leaves if you hadn't mentioned it. Nice work with the conversion.

Amy Earl

I sure like the look of this a lot. Great job with converting this to B&W. While it's too bad the leaves are out of focus, it's not something that really jumps out at the viewer. The solid composition and the very nice B&W touch really stand out.
What Jim said.
Not sure I would have even noticed the OOF leaves if you hadn't mentioned it. Nice work with the conversion.
Haha, I shouldn't have said anything about OOF leaves :D Thanks all, glad you like it.

Top Bottom