Old Pavilion Campground

Dale Berlin

Supporting Member
There is a little RV park "near" Perry Florida that sets on the Gulf of Mexico. Sea kayaking and fishing is about all there is to do, it was very quiet while we visited. The posts in the water are remains of the old pavilion restaurant that stood over the water until it burned down years ago. Oyster beds lay out beyond.

3M - Old Pavilion Airstream.jpg

AlanLichty

I really like the scene with the lovely sunset colors on the horizon and the stars peeking through. My one nit is that the light coming in from the left in the foreground is a bit distracting and doesn't really balance with the rest of the scene.

Dale Berlin

Supporting Member
I really like the scene with the lovely sunset colors on the horizon and the stars peeking through. My one nit is that the light coming in from the left in the foreground is a bit distracting and doesn't really balance with the rest of the scene.
Thank you Alan, yes there was a light on a pole just to the left. I believe it may have been a sodium lamp because of the color it cast. Perhaps a gradient coming in from the left would tone it down a bit.

Nice atmosphere in this image. Is that your RV? Airstream perhaps or Avalon?
Thanks Ben, that is my winter home and it seems to get smaller and smaller as each week goes by, but it beats shoveling snow. I actually prefer tent camping when my wife is not along :)

JimFox

Staff member
Very cool Dale!

The thing about the ocean/beach is buildings seem to come and go. I bet that was a great restaurant at one time. I like the inclusion of the Airstream, that adds a really nice touch and adds to the story of this photo. What a great place to live out of, I am hoping to get a larger van and build something a little more comfortable then my Jeep Grand Cherokee to live out of.

Top Bottom