Oregon 2024

Graeme F

Well folks 2024 could be my long awaited time to visit the States! Twice potentially but we will see... Friends of mine have offered to put me up in Astoria, Oregon. Sadly I know next to nothing about this part of the world and wanted to reach out to fellow members if they could recommend photo locations for landscapes and nature. I will either travel Spring or Autumn (Fall). I will hire a car so can be pretty mobile if necessary. Many thanks and looking forward to hearing from you all.

oregon.jpg

AlanLichty

You will be right at the mouth of the Columbia River in the far northwest corner of Oregon. There are multiple state parks on both the Washington and Oregon sides of the river right nearby. Driving south on US101 gets you down to lots of interesting parts of the Oregon coastline and especially once you get down past Seaside to Cannon Beach and areas south of there.

Fall colors along the coastline and west of the Cascade Mountain range are a bit on the sparse side compared to areas with more deciduous forests. These forests are mostly evergreens and quite dense but there is still a lot of see and shoot even without wild fall colors. Are your friends in Astoria photographers?

JimFox

Staff member
You picked a beautiful state. The people in it have turned loco for the most part, but the state itself, and the beaches are world class.

Be sure to let us know when you do have a date, Alan lives not too far away and Jameel is North of there too, but a little further. I don't know where I will be, but it would be fun to meet up with you when you come.

Graeme F

Thanks Folks! My friends are not photographers but love to hike. I'm a little nervous about driving to locations not familiar with (particular given not used to automatic cars and driving on the right!) so any spots recommended that I can plan out appreciated. Be cool to meet up after all this time for sure!

pepper

columbia river gorge is to the east. multnomah falls is the iconic scene from the gorge. but there's lots of other waterfalls and trails to take. also check out the area around mt hood.

the beaches are to the west and south. too many places to mention here.

Top Bottom