Paddle Boarding Sunrise

Jim Dockery

My wife and I got up early on my birthday to be on little Lake Casidy at sunrise. I was worried we'd missed the best of it, but It all worked out great. Lots of birds, and even a beaver was spotted. I very carefully brought my little Sony RX 100 IV in the chest pocket of my wind shirt. I thought I'd have to sit down to shoot, but the water was so calm that I took quite a few standing up.

Sunrise-Paddle-Lk-Casidy-009.jpg

Taking off

Sunrise-Paddle-Lk-Casidy-049-Pano.jpg

Pano

Sunrise-Paddle-Lk-Casidy-058.jpg

Here comes the sun

Sunrise-Paddle-Lk-Casidy-100.jpg

Glassy water = great reflections

Sunrise-Paddle-Lk-Casidy-167.jpg

Heron on a log

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Great way to see water, I used to do this in a canoe in North Idaho. I especially like the sun shot.

AlanLichty

Very nice - I like the sun shot as well as the heron shot. They never let me get close when I am out in my canoe.

Jim Dockery

Thanks for the comments guys.

After spotting it I got some speed going toward that bird, then sat down, got out my camera, and made very slow small moves as I drifted closer. It did finally take off though. This is a tight crop - I was wishing I had the new version of the RX 100 with a 200mm equivalent zoom that beats my little 70mm.

JimFox

Staff member
Awesome shots Jim, what a great morning to be out and a great way to spend your birthday!

#1 and 4 are my favorites, but that Heron shot is sure cool too.

JimFox

Staff member
Thanks for the comments guys.

After spotting it I got some speed going toward that bird, then sat down, got out my camera, and made very slow small moves as I drifted closer. It did finally take off though. This is a tight crop - I was wishing I had the new version of the RX 100 with a 200mm equivalent zoom that beats my little 70mm.
You seem to use your RX a lot, if it was me I would get the newer version with the longer lens, it would make that fun little camera even more useful.

Top Bottom