Painted Pond...

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Wow, that's your pond? I am envious. The IR renders those grasses so delicately. I love the texture of grasses like this. The clouds and reflection all add up to a wonderful image.

Amy Nelson

Wow, that's your pond? I am envious. The IR renders those grasses so delicately. I love the texture of grasses like this. The clouds and reflection all add up to a wonderful image.
Thanks Ben, I call this the dog pond. I have two dogs that love to play fetch with a tennis ball, they get so excited about jumping in the water after it and on these hot days I imagine it's quite refreshing.

I agree with you, I love how whimsical and wispy the grasses are.

JimFox

Staff member
How cool! I love this pond, and the next time I am there I may jump in the pond with the dogs. :)

This has a really great look to it, I like the IR feel.

Jim Dockery

Dream like image in the best way. IR is such a different way of seeing, and your processing has enhanced it perfectly. Also envious of the nice pond!

Amy Nelson

Dream like image in the best way. IR is such a different way of seeing, and your processing has enhanced it perfectly. Also envious of the nice pond!
Thanks Jim!

This all started when I notices the Milkweed at the bottom left hand corner of the shot, I thought that might be something fun to capture. By the time I got back to the house to get my cameras I decided to try out my 720nm filter on my visible light camera (which I had only used once before). I got back out there and set up to shot some VL shots, 590nm shots, and when I went to put the on the 720nm filter I managed to put a big ol greasy fingerprint right in the center of the filter, so back to the house I go to get a cleaning cloth. After cleaning the filter I hadn't noticed rag marks that I had left behind until I started processing. I'll have to try that again another time. Once I got back to shooting evening was starting to set in and some awesome light was starting to cast over the pond, and the reflections of the clouds/trees where prefect, so I spend another hour shooting that with different cameras and this was one of my favorite shots so far.

Sorry for the long back story, but it's good practice for me. I've never been one to use a lot of verbiage when posting images.

beavens

Forum Helper
Really nice, Amy! Ethereal and surreal. Blue and gold is another gorgeous palette to work with.

The grasses frame the scene wonderfully.

Jeff

Top Bottom