Phase One XT Rodenstock 90mm f/5.6 in-depth review

Vieri

Hello everyone! After a long hiatus due to my traveling, I am happy to have finally managed to complete the fourth - and last, for now - of my in-depth reviews dedicated to Rodenstock XT lenses, that is, Rodenstock lenses used in X-Shutter and on a Phase One XT. This fourth instalment will examine the Rodenstock 90mm f/5.6, an equivalent to a "long normal" for full-frame medium format and one of the most amazing lenses available for the XT (spoiler: it is really great, get that wallet ready!).

You can find the whole review here, if interested: https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2022/06/xt-rodenstock-90mm-f-5-6-in-depth-review.html

Enjoy the read & images, and I am looking forward to your comments! Best regards,

Vieri

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Great review Vieri, I read it even if I will never get into this level of photography. The samples are truly impressive. Why are you looking for a different filter brand?

Vieri

Great review Vieri, I read it even if I will never get into this level of photography. The samples are truly impressive. Why are you looking for a different filter brand?
Hey Ben, thank you so much, glad you enjoyed the read! Yes indeed, the lens is just something else - that kind of resolving power on a 150 Mp Medium Format sensor is pretty amazing.

About filters, I am sorry for the confusion - wrong widget in the article :) For some reason, the temporary widget I created when I left Formatt-Hitech last year replaced the current one, which says that I am currently a H&Y Filters Ambassador (since October 2021). Following my compared reviews from last summer, where H&Y turned out to be the best filters and the most genius holder, I entered negotiations with H&Y and am proud to have become one of their Ambassadors (I even have a discount code for them, if interested, but it only works on their Italian website). Again, sorry for the confusion!

Best regards,

Vieri

Top Bottom