Photoshop 2021 - Installing Plug-ins

JimFox

Staff member
I finally updated to Photoshop 2021 and had some problems installing some Plugins, they were not showing up in Photoshop no matter how many times I installed them.

The 2 Plugins I use that I wanted to install are:

Imagenomic Noiseware
Topaz Clarity

1. Noiseware - To get it to install, When asked for a Host, I had to specifically select the Plugin directory (folder) in Photoshop 2021 instead of just the Photoshop 2021 folder.

So it was in C: > Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop 2021 > Plugins

Select that in the dialog box, and you will be good to go.

2. Topaz Clarity - I know it got absorbed into Topaz Adjust Ai, but for what I use it for, I really just like the simplicity of the older Clarity setup. This one was a bit trickier to setup.

Install as normal, you are not asked for a Host.

Go to C: > Program Files (x86) > Topaz > Topaz Clarity > Plugins_x64

Select and copy the only file in there: tlclarityps_x64.8bf

Go back to: C: > Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop 2021 > Plugins

Create a New Folder called Topaz

Paste the tlclarityps_x64.8bf file into it.

Be sure to have had Photoshop 2021 closed, if not close it and then restart it to see the plugins.

I hope this helps someone.

Jim

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Thanks Jim, I have also had a hard time with plug-ins, and I also like the older Clarity. I went to PS 2021 and did not have this issue, maybe because i moved my plug ins last time?

JimFox

Staff member
There is an option when you install it to have it move your plugins, but it only moved a couple of mine. Which was weird, but it only moved a few of them. For instance it also didn't move the Google Plugins, so I still need to go back and install those. Not sure why on my install it only moved some of them.

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Adobe changed where the plugins live and so the older installers cannot do the right thing. In my case all the plugins live under Program Files > Common Files > Adobe > Plugins > CC. I had to jump through some hoops to get the NIK plugins install properly.

Top Bottom