PhotoShop - Rendering Video not working

JimFox

Staff member
Rendering a Video has stopped working. I go to Render a Video from both the File menu and The Timeline Window and the cursor just spins and spins but nothing happens. I googled it, but couldn't find any real answers. They list some solutions for Mac's but not for PC's and Windows.

Anyone come across this?

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Is this while in Photoshop or Movavi. I had some issues with Photoshop but it was different than you describe. I lost the H-264, but got it back with an uninstall of Photoshop and a reinstall. I never lost it in Movavi.

JimFox

Staff member
Is this while in Photoshop or Movavi. I had some issues with Photoshop but it was different than you describe. I lost the H-264, but got it back with an uninstall of Photoshop and a reinstall. I never lost it in Movavi.
Photoshop

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Try uninstall and reinstall Photoshop. Just remember to tell it to save your settings during uninstall.

JimFox

Staff member
Try uninstall and reinstall Photoshop. Just remember to tell it to save your settings during uninstall.
I have read that doesn’t work. Right now I switched am using my desktop, i checked, it still renders video.

As to it not working anymore on my new laptop I will just wait for the next bug fix on Photoshop and see if that fixes it.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Sorry to hear this. I have a feeling that the render option in Photoshop is not robust. It seems like an afterthought. I suspect Adobe wants you to buy one of it's dedicated video editors.

JimFox

Staff member
Sorry to hear this. I have a feeling that the render option in Photoshop is not robust. It seems like an afterthought. I suspect Adobe wants you to buy one of it's dedicated video editors.
That could be. I am not sure their dedicated video editors allow for editing the look of the movie like the Camera Raw Filter does.

JimFox

Staff member
On my Desktop I was able to Render 2 or 3 video's in PS 2021, and then that stopped too.... Pretty frustrating with Adobe, especially since there are tons and tons of complaints about this when you search.

So I did 2 things for now, I still have PS CS6 on my desktop, so for Rendering I just started using it. So far it's still working.

Then on my new Laptop, I tried all of the suggestions I could find to correct it, I then looked to see if CS6 was available for download from the cloud, it wasn't but there is a 2020 version that goes back like 6 versions that I could install. I did that, and used it, and it's Rendering videos fine. At least for now.

Top Bottom