Porcupine Mountain - Michigan UP

Craig Zerbe

Nice spot for a drone. You can see Lake Superior in the background with Lake of the Clouds in the fore. Mavic Air 2. Generally do a 3 AEB and then manually pan the drone to
get a wider angle shot. I use the HDR/Pano stitch the 6-9 images together in LR. I have found Topaz Denoise does a real nice job of the additional noise that drone images generate.
DJI_0142-HDR-Pano-Edit-2-Edit.jpg
DJI_0187-HDR-Pano-Edit_Luminar4-edit.jpg
DJI_0247-HDR-Pano-Edit_Luminar4-edit_Luminar4-edit_LuminarAI-edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

JimFox

Staff member
Awesome work Craig! Those are great fall color pano’s from a drone.

I was in Michigan and part of UP, but I know I barely scratched the surface of it. I am hoping to get back there again this year.

TimMc

Supporting Member
Great job Craig. Thanks for the explanation, I typically use my drone for pano shots but adding the bracketing looks great. And I didn’t know Michigan allows drones in their parks, don’t ask about Wisconsin 🤢

Craig Zerbe

Great job Craig. Thanks for the explanation, I typically use my drone for pano shots but adding the bracketing looks great. And I didn’t know Michigan allows drones in their parks, don’t ask about Wisconsin 🤢
For the most part, I have not had issues in state parks.

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Jaw dropping! Love these, such a wonderful location, captured at the right time of year for fantastic color, expertly processed. Inspirational stuff for sure. Appreciate the extra details on how the images were captured and put together too - very helpful for those of us just starting out with drone photography!

ML

Top Bottom