Post your Film Images

Bob Israel

Elite Member
Over the past couple of months, I have resurrected and started shooting some film cameras that were in a display case. It had made for a lot of fun shooting film again. I thought, why not have a thread where we post film images? Anyone else out there still shooting film? Let's see your images!

I thought we could post with some detail about camera/lens, film, develiper, etc. For example, here are a few images I took with my Canon Canonet QL17 GIII. I took this camera apart, cleaned the viewfinder/rangefinder and replaced the seals.

Canon Canonet QL17 GIII
Expired Fuji Color 400 (over exposed by +1)
Lab Developed/Scanned

---_0657-Edit-Edit.jpg

---_0650-Edit-Edit.jpg

---_0643-Edit-Edit.jpg

---_0647-Edit-Edit.jpg

AlanLichty

Nice examples. I do have lots of old slides I sometimes scan and play with but nothing current. I will be honest - from the first moment I got my hands on a Canon D60 (6MP) back in 2002 my Canon EOS Elan 35mm film camera turned into shelfware.

I did load up one roll of film on a trip in 2010 but after taking a few shots at the south rim of Grand Canyon and recalling how long it would be until I could even see the results it went back into my luggage bag and stayed there for the rest of the trip. That camera is sitting on a shelf in my office now and still has that same roll of film in it. I like being able to work with my images without needing a lab in between my shooting sessions and my processing efforts.

Bob Israel

Elite Member
It's been fun to take cameras that are from my childhood (Canonet QL17 GIII) and bring them back from the dead. Cleaning viewfinders/rangefinders, replacing seals, using a hot shoe light meter and getting results. Is this a passing fad remains to be seen. Currently, when I pick up my digital cameras after shooting film, I keep looking to advance the film but there's no film advance! LOL

JimFox

Staff member
How fun Bob! It would be great to see more guys picking up their old film cameras again. Hopefully you can inspire others to load up some film! :)

Top Bottom