Prenumbral Lunar Eclipse - July 4th 2020 - Info

JimFox

Staff member
So tonight if you are in the USA in the midst of the fireworks there will be a Lunar Eclipse!

Now it won't be a total eclipse like might come to mind, it will be a Partial Prenumbral Eclipse for many of us. That means the moon will pass partially through the lighter shadow area that the earth creates. Which means the moon will look much like a mouse had taken a partial bite out of the moon (since it's made of cheese).

Here is a chart, uploading this from my phone so hopefully this is not too small.
2ACBD35D-AEFF-4F70-85CD-8CB7864C1A29.jpeg

I am hoping to be able to shoot it tonight, ideally it would be cool to shoot it with some fireworks going off too. That may not happen, but it would sure be cool. For now I am thinking on driving up into the mountains in Colorado, about a 3 hour drive from my daughter as I found a town that shoots their fireworks off from the top of a cliff. I think that could sure look different. So if the Grandkids let me sneak out, that is where I am heading in an hour or two.

Jim

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
That path misses the PNW so will just wait for some of you living in the visibility area to capture it.

Top Bottom