Reds of Fall

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Nice range of colors.

I’d be tempted to crop a bit off the bottom to lose the pebbles and a bit off the top to lose the sky and have a 5x4 format image. A minor nit. I’d be happy to have captured that.

Last edited:

AlanLichty

I like the color array but I find that my eyes gravitate to the bright skies at the top which distracts from the color show.

I would suggest cropping off the top of the small tree in front to cut out the bright sky.

Edit: I was typing when Jameel posted and will add I agree with his crop.

I am seriously jealous of the reds in your foliage - I just spent the day wandering in endless yellows for fall colors in the Cascade foothills.

Timmeh

Hi Bob,

You got a nice range of color, and I like the saturation levels for all but green. It looks a little too strong for my taste, and the red and yellow will stand out more without green competing so much.

Tim

JimFox

Staff member
Very cool Bob! I will be the guy who likes the rocks at the bottom of the photo. Typically I think I would compose them out of the image, but in this case I think they help add a bit of interest and anchor the photo.

It's great to see Oak Creek has some really nice color happening.

Bob

Nice range of colors.

I’d be tempted to crop a bit off the bottom to lose the pebbles and a bit off the top to lose the sky and have a 5x4 format image. A minor nit. I’d be happy to have captured that.
Jameel,
Thank you for your comments. I will try the crop you suggested and see if I like it.
Bob

Bob

I like the color array but I find that my eyes gravitate to the bright skies at the top which distracts from the color show.

I would suggest cropping off the top of the small tree in front to cut out the bright sky.

Edit: I was typing when Jameel posted and will add I agree with his crop.

I am seriously jealous of the reds in your foliage - I just spent the day wandering in endless yellows for fall colors in the Cascade foothills.
Alan,
Thank you for the suggestions. I will try Jameel's suggestion.

Bob

Very cool Bob! I will be the guy who likes the rocks at the bottom of the photo. Typically I think I would compose them out of the image, but in this case I think they help add a bit of interest and anchor the photo.

It's great to see Oak Creek has some really nice color happening.
Jim,
I like the rock at the bottom too but I am going to try the suggestions on the sky and see what i think of the results.
Bob

Ken Rennie

I was about to comment until I read the comments and now I would only be repeating what has already been mentioned. Two things remain for me. I would still crop a little from the top and I would also darken the very strong tree on the left. Ken

Reactions: Bob
Top Bottom