Relaxing View

JimFox

Staff member
From the Badlands in South Dakota a couple of weeks ago I guess now. After sunset as I was heading out of the park, I came across this bighorn sheep that had been standing there. I saw it and thought that looked cool, so I pulled over and grabbed my camera. By then the sheep had laid down to relax and watch the sunset. It was just a really peaceful and quiet time out there.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

_D859992_dw.jpg

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Very nice Jim. Looks like really got a good set of images from the badlands. The light paints the ground layer in soft warm tones.

Jim Dockery

Great shot anywhichway, but the sheep really adds to it. It would have been nice to also get one with it standing, but this pose does make for an especially peaceful feel. Did you get any tighter shots?

JimFox

Staff member
Great shot anywhichway, but the sheep really adds to it. It would have been nice to also get one with it standing, but this pose does make for an especially peaceful feel. Did you get any tighter shots?
I appreciate that Jim, it was a very cool moment.

As to the tighter shot....umm.... well... you know me.... not a tight shot to be found. :rolleyes:

Dave Johnston

Wow, that would be a cool shot without the sheep, but it really adds an extra special element. As you say, it look like he is relaxing and enjoying the sunset!

Dave

JimFox

Staff member
Wow, that would be a cool shot without the sheep, but it really adds an extra special element. As you say, it look like he is relaxing and enjoying the sunset!

Dave
I appreciate that Dave. It was really cool to find. The road was just barely out of view to the left, so I was really happy to get the lines on the ground to line up with the clouds and be able to include that sheep and at the same time miss the road.

Bob

Jim,
This is a great capture. Standing or sitting I like the sheep in the image. Adds perspective and interest.

Top Bottom