Rho Ophiuchi cloud complex

jarmor

Rho Ophiuchi cloud complex from Telescope Live remote telescope using One-Click Observation. Exposure time is 3x600 sec for L and 2x600 sec for each RGB filters. Location
Heaven’s Mirror Observatory, Australia, telescope Takahashi FSQ-106ED, camera FLI PL16803. Processed in PixInsight and Photoshop.

Rho Ophiuchi_v4.jpg

JimFox

Staff member
This is so cool Jamor! I really like the detail in this. It’s great seeing its technical name as I always get lazy I guess and call it the Antares Region.
You have lots of great dust in this. Did you rent scope time to capture this? I am thinking on maybe doing that.

jarmor

Thanks Jim! I am on a (relatively) cheap plan where I get FITS data from preselected targets. I could rent a scope but it is a bit expensive so I have not done that yet. I think Telescope Live is worth checking but I do understand that there are many opinions on using remote telescopes. For me remote telescopes are the only realistic option so I have been pretty happy with those.

JimFox

Staff member
Thanks Jim! I am on a (relatively) cheap plan where I get FITS data from preselected targets. I could rent a scope but it is a bit expensive so I have not done that yet. I think Telescope Live is worth checking but I do understand that there are many opinions on using remote telescopes. For me remote telescopes are the only realistic option so I have been pretty happy with those.
In the beginning, a year or so ago for me, I would never have thought about renting a scope like that or using data from a source. But now I am at a point where I can’t really afford the better gear to take my images to the next level, and also there are certain objects I simply can’t capture with my gear. So I am now starting to consider as a short term stop gap for a year or so.

Also getting the data like that would allow me to start practicing with Pixinsight as I use DSS currently.

So I am considering Telescope Live.

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Staff member
Jamor,

Cool stuff, from positively one of the most amazing places that can be imaged in the sky. The blend of colors of this area is always a real treat. You have processed this data in a very nice fashion to not only bring out the colors but also some nice detail, even in the dark nebula streamers that make up part of the periphery of this area of the sky.

ML

Top Bottom